At this point I’ve reviewed several bitcoin betting sites. And one thing has become very clear to me:
Prediction betting is popular. Especially in the bitcoin gambling space.
The consensus is that prediction betting is more accurate. Bettors do tons of research prior to placing their bets. So the answers (or votes) should give you a good idea as to what the outcome will be – and reason to believe (and bet on) it. Both BetMoose and Fairlay employ a similar model.
With that in mind, I have another prediction market review for you: Predictious.com.
Predictious.com is an Ireland based company, owned and operated by Pixode. Many people compare them to the now closed InTrade.
They’re US-friendly, and all you need to get started is a Google account.
Let’s take a look at what’s in store for you when join.
Established year: 2013
US Players: Yes
Wagering limits: High
Cashout times: Fast
Other crypto currencies accepted: None
PROS VS. CONS
Nice layout and design
Massive range of betting markets
Top class mobile website
Very low minimum bet limits
No promotions or bonus deals
Customer support seems slow or unresponsive
What Types Of Things Can You Bet On?
The premise behind Predictious.com is this:
- You can buy shares for an event with 2+ outcomes. If the outcome you choose comes true, you’ll be paid 10.00 mBTC per share.
- If you don’t agree with the outcome, you can ‘short’ shares. Once again, if you’re right you’ll be paid 10.00 mBTC per share.
The events you can buy shares for fall under these categories:
- Science and Tech
These break down into specific events, such as:
- The 2016 Presidential Primaries.
- Who will be the [state] governor?
- Will gay marriage laws pass?
- Who will win week [x] in football?
- Who will win the World Series?
- When will Half-Life be released?
- When will bitcoin, dogecoin and litecoin increase/decrease in value?
- Will Kate and Prince William have another boy?
- Will Edward Snowden win the Nobel Peace Prize?
And so on.
You can choose to sort bets by share price, moneyline, fraction or decimal.
You can also see which bets have expired. This, along with their blog and your own research, can be helpful for figuring out what events are most likely to come true.
When it comes time to buy shares, the process is simple:
- Click the event you want to buy shares for.
- Enter how many shares you want (at the price listed).
Predictious.com gives you several details / tools to help you along:
- When the trading starts/ends.
- The event date.
- What the long/short shares are worth.
- A graph to show you the action from the start to now.
Then there are the contract details. These are important.
For example, say you want to buy shares for Kate Middleton’s birth. These include rules for what happens if their baby dies at childbirth, if she doesn’t give birth, or ends up having twins or triplets.
This may or may not have an affect on your decision – so be sure to read it.
And if at any point you have a change of heart and want to sell your shares, you’ll find that option right next to the box where you buy shares. You can enter how much you want for each share and how many shares you want to sell. Then click submit.
Simple stuff, really.
The Good… And The Bad
Here are some points to consider before signing up to Predictious.com.
- You can deposit and withdraw your bitcoin whenever you want. There are no restrictions.
- Bitcoin transactions are free.
- They have an API. With the help of a programmer, you can use this to get information about contracts, your account, to place orders, and more.
What’s not so good:
- There aren’t any instructions. Predictious.com (and prediction betting in general) might be confusing to a beginner. They do have a help center with several articles, but I think a couple of videos would be easier to consume and understand.
Summary: What Do We Think Of Predictious.com?
They appear to be a solid prediction market platform.
And they have lots of positive reviews to boot:
Haven’t been ripped off yet. I have deposited over 5 BTC so far. Takes a while to settle contracts. Always less than 20 hours, though. Please have Academy Awards contracts again this year!! -sevano
this is like an options market, you can make money from the fluctuations of BTC. it also got markets about politics –danny
Predictious is a very professional Prediction Market, very similar to Intrade but with Bitcoins. They have very diverse contracts and a very neat UI. -Carina
Without an easy way to get in touch (they only have a contact form – no email), no promotions or easy-to-understand instructions, I can’t see myself rating them any higher than a B.
That said, if they can iron out those details, there’s no reason why they couldn’t be rated a B+ or A- in the near future.